- Soak your mouth in saline water at least twice in a day as it helps in speeding up the healing process.
- Avoid drinking, smoking or eating three hours before the procedure.
- Keep your mouth clean from bacteria by brushing your teeth at least twice in a day.
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco till the pierced area heals completely.
- Eat cold foods frequently as they may relieve you from pain and reduce swelling.
- Avoid hot foods as they may cause irritation in and around the area.
- Make sure that you keep the pierced site away from chemicals.
- Clean your hands before touching the pierced site.
- Avoid removing of the jewelry as there are chances for the hole to get closed during the healing period.
- Use anti inflammatory lozenges in order to lower the chances of infections.
- Consult a doctor if the symptoms like pain, swelling and redness get severe.
- Use an anti bacterial soap or lotion in order to clean and remove the dirt and bacteria present in and around the area.
Lip piercing care is not easy as you need to take care of the wound carefully during the healing period. It may approximately take around 6 to 10 weeks to heal completely. A person with a lip piercing may experience symptoms like peeling off skin, redness, swelling and bleeding during the healing process. The following are a few aftercare tips that will help you to overcome infections.
Visit emo girl hairstyles 2011 for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection