- Clean the area during shower daily as it may help in speeding the healing process.
- Cleaning the area too many times may affect the defense mechanism of the body to heal by itself.
- Use saline water to rinse the pierced area in order to remove the crust formed due to accumulated lymph.
- Make sure that your hair does not cause any kind irritation as it may transmit bacteria, dirt, oil and all the other kind of irritants into the pierced area.
- Take proper care while using hair care products and shampoo as they may cause inflammation and irritation.
- Make sure that use products which are dye-free and perfume-free during the healing period of the piercing.
- Always keep your pillow covers clean in order to avoid the bacteria to infect the piercing.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle as it may speed up the healing process.
- Stay away from drugs and alcohol and eat balanced and healthy diet.
- Take zinc and vitamin B supplements as it helps in giving boost to the immune system helping in healing the pierced area as soon as possible.
- Avoid touching of the pierced area frequently with dirty hands.
- Rotate the jewelry gently in order to prevent the formation of crusts.
- It is always recommended to wash your hands every time you touch the piercing.
- Avoid removing the jewelry for the first few months in order to prevent any kind of damage of the wound and to provide maximum time for it to get healed.
- Avoid the usage of hydrogen peroxide, alcohol or witch hazel as they may cause scars on the ear.
- Keep the area dry by avoiding too much application of ointment on the area.
- Avoid the usage of public telephones as they may transmit bacteria to the pierced area.
It usually takes around 8 to 10 weeks for the ear piercing to heal completely if proper aftercare tip are followed. The infections can cause granulomas and small bumps in and around the area. A person can avoid these condition if he/she follows the below mentioned aftercare tips.
Things to Avoid
Things to Avoid
Visit emo girl hairstyles 2011 for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection