Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Review & Swatches - OPI Serena Williams Glam Slam! England: Part 2

    Hey guys!

    Today I have the other Glam Slam! England duo from the OPI and Serena Williams collaboration. I reviewed the first duo which included Grape...Set...Match and Servin' Up Sparkle here so be sure to check that post out as well.



    Keep reading for the swatches and review!



    Your Royal Shine-ness (sparkly silver foil)
    Of the reviews that I have read on this set, many have said that this is a standard silver foil and I would have to respectfully disagree with that statement. This shade is a bit different than your standard silver foil in that it's a bit darker and dirtier looking than your average silver foil. In these photos, without anything to compare it to, it probably does look like a standard silver foil. However, I did a comparison using 6 other silvers from my collection and this one is definitely a little different (you'll be seeing that comparison in an upcoming post).
    The formula of this was really lovely and it was opaque in 2 coats.


    Servin' Up Sparkle (clear base with different sized silver and holographic glitter throughout)
    Because this glitter top coat is included in both of the Glam Slam! England sets, I'm basically going to repeat what I had to say about this shade from my review of the other Glam Slam! England duo.
    The inclusion of this shade in both sets was a bit of a disappointment for me since I think it would have been smarter/better to have different shades in each set. I also found that the bottle looks a little deceiving because at first glance, it seems like the glitter is going to be much denser than it actually turned out to be.
    However, this is rather pretty and adds a nice effect over both of the other shades included in the duos. It does give Your Royal Shine-ness a bumpy looking texture but this could easily be smoothed over with a layer of top coat. This is primarily meant to be used as a layering polish but I did swatch it alone (3 coats) in case someone wishes to wear it that way.
    The formula was what you would expect from a clear based glitter - a little thick but not difficult to work with. However, if you're going to be doing 2 or more coats of this, I would recommend waiting in between coats so that you don't push all of the glitter pieces to the tip of the nail.


    Your Royal Shine-ness (alone), Servin' Up Sparkle (alone), Servin' Up Sparkle (2 coats over Your Royal Shine-ness)


    Servin' Up Sparkle (2 coats over Your Royal Shine-ness), Servin' Up Sparkle (alone), Your Royal Shine-ness (alone)


    Servin' Up Sparkle (2 coats over Your Royal Shine-ness), Servin' Up Sparkle (alone), Your Royal Shine-ness (alone)


    Overall, I do like this set, but it's not the most unique thing that I have seen from OPI. The colours are pretty and the formula is great, I just don't see this set as a must-have.

    My main problem is that Servin' Up Sparkle is included in both of the Glam Slam! England sets. A lot of us polish freaks will want both of the different shades in the sets, but who wants 2 of the glitter top coat? I think OPI definitely could have come up with a different coloured glitter top coat to put in one of the sets. I obviously got them both regardless of the repeat of Servin' Up Sparkle, but I really only did that so that I could provide you guys with swatches of both sets.

    The OPI Serena Williams Glam Slam! duos are available now in professional salons. I got the sets for $13.25 each but the pricing is really going to depend on where you live and where you manage to find your set. Generally though, the price will fall in range of $10-20.

    What do you guys think about this Glam Slam! set? Which set do you prefer?

Post Title

Review & Swatches - OPI Serena Williams Glam Slam! England: Part 2


Post URL

http://emogirlhairstyles2011.blogspot.com/2011/06/review-swatches-opi-serena-williams.html


Visit emo girl hairstyles 2011 for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive